Position Title: Event and Program Manager Date: January 2020
Reports to: Business Manager
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
The Event and Program Manager is responsible for promoting, scheduling and
managing facility rentals, tours, programs and scheduled events at Yew Dell
Botanical Gardens. The Event and Program Manager will be the primary contact
for guests to rent and or attend programs at Yew Dell Botanical Gardens. The Event
and Program Manager will work with the event staff to follow up and coordinate with
wedding parties, manage event rentals, guest tours and Yew Dell programs and
- Market, promote and schedule property rentals, guest tours, community and educational programs while coordinating with the Public Relations and Marketing Manager.
- Act as the primary contact for rental and Yew Dell sponsored events through the event set up and break down, coordinating with other staff as needed.
- Coordinate rental deliveries and pick-up with the rental company.
- Coordinate event and program layout, assist with set up, deliveries, vendor management and break down.
- Check facilities prior to events and programs to assure correct set up and cleanliness.
- Check facilities after events to assure cleanliness and completion of storage of event materials.
- Make suggestions to increase customer satisfaction while maintaining Yew Dell policies.
- Coordinate with event staff to recruit and confirm vendors for Yew Dell events.
- Coordinate event volunteer needs with Volunteer and Website Coordinator and engage with volunteers during the event.
- Supervise and schedule event staff.
- Be present during set up when needed and at Yew Dell events when appropriate.
- Recommend improvements and changes to events and educational programming.
- Record event summaries including financial information, visitor numbers and suggestions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or two years completion of Business School. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Exceptional guest relations and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in an organized and efficient manner.
- Detail oriented with commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to furthering the goals of Yew Dell Botanical Gardens through creative and energetic support of the institution.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products Word and Excel.
- A positive attitude with staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours.
- Must have transportation to events, meetings and various functions as required.
To apply send your resume to:
Yew Dell Botanical Gardens
6220 Old LaGrange Road
Crestwood, KY 40014
Or email to: