Guidelines & Accessibility
Help us maintain this Living Museum for all visitors to enjoy!
The core of the Yew Dell property has paved paths, making it wheelchair accessible. Restrooms and event facilities are also wheelchair accessible. For help in arranging a visit or to inquire about accessibility accommodations, please email your request using the button below. Please allow at least 3 business days from the time of your submission for us to review and respond.
Personal use photography with only a handheld camera is permitted. Any photography that uses any props, tripod, lighting, reflector or any other equipment beyond a handheld camera or that involves any profit (monetary or barter) requires adherence to Yew Dell’s photo policy and a prepaid fee. Drone use is prohibited on Yew Dell property.
Thank you for planning a trip to Yew Dell Botanical Gardens. In order to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable experience and to help us keep our gardens, plants and facilities in peak condition we ask that you observe the following etiquette during your visit.
- Check In/Admission – All visitors (members and non-members) must check in through the visitor center before visiting the grounds. Paid admission is not required for entrance to the Garden Gift Shop.
- Children under the age of 16 must be directly supervised by an adult while on the grounds.
- Planting Areas – Our staff and volunteers provide visitors with beautiful planted beds to enjoy. In order to ensure their ongoing beauty, we ask that visitors walk only on paved surfaces, grass areas and designated mulch paths.
- Plant Collections – We appreciate visitors helping to maintain our gardens by refraining from picking flowers, leaves, fruits or anything else from our plant collections. We hope you enjoy our trees, sculptures and structures but please refrain from climbing on these.
- Fountains/Pools/Water Features – We ask that visitors refrain from playing in or disturbing garden water features.
- Smoking/Vaping is not permitted anywhere on Yew Dell’s Grounds.
- Active Sports – Active sports (soccer, football, bicycling, Frisbee, etc.), drones or other powered vehicles are prohibited on the grounds.
- Pets/Animals – We allow leashed, well-behaved dogs on Sundays during our open season for Hounds on the Grounds. For the safety and enjoyment of all guests, dogs must be held on a leash at all times and cleaned up after. Hounds on the Grounds blackout dates can be found on our Hours, Admission, & Directions page. We allow registered service animals to accompany visitors at any time. No pets may be left in any vehicle in Yew Dell’s parking lot. Please treat all wildlife and our garden cats with respect.
- Trash – We ask that visitors dispose of trash in the cans located near the Visitor Center and Rock House. Thank you for leaving the grounds as you found them.
- Balloons – We request that guests refrain from bringing balloons into the gardens. If they get loose, they can be harmful to the trees and animals. Thank you for helping us protect our environment!
- Permission to use Photos of Visitors – By entering the Gardens, you grant permission for Yew Dell to use your image for promotional purposes.
- Closing Time – Yew Dell’s main gate is locked at closing time. Please plan your visit to ensure yourself enough time to exit the grounds by 4pm.