Yew Dell Botanical Gardens welcomes photographers to capture the natural beauty of Yew Dell. In order to maintain the integrity and beauty of our grounds, we have set forth the following policies. These policies apply to any photographer on any level bringing in: tripods, reflectors, lighting, props or staging materials, or any other equipment other than a hand-held camera, any photographer who financially profits from their photo sessions in the gardens, or any photography that is for anything other than personal use.
- Photography sessions cannot be scheduled in advanced and must be paid for upon arrival. Photography fees apply to each session. Scheduling for multiple sessions is available upon request.
- All sessions must be completed during regular open hours. Additional hours may be arranged in advance for an additional fee. Under no circumstances will sessions be extended beyond regular open hours without prior arrangement. By signing below, photographers agree to complete sessions during regular open hours. Session time beyond regular open hours will be billed at $100 per half hour.
- Staging shots or standing in garden beds is strictly prohibited. Subjects may not be posed in trees, on sculptures or buildings.
- Any paved or mulched path surface or grassy area may be used for photo sessions, but please do not block any trails, pathways or grassy areas. Do not restrict access or movement in the gardens for others.
- Please do not pick or make cuttings of any leaves, stems, fruit, branches or flowers.
- Appropriate attire is required at all times. Clothing, backdrops or other props are not to be hung on the plants or garden structures. Changing of attire may take place in the restrooms.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the grounds.
- Dogs and other pets (other than service animal) are prohibited (unless it is a designated Yew Dell pet friendly day.)
Photography Rate & Fee Structure
- Fees will be waived for news media, academic presentations and personal use. Photos taken for personal use only (with a hand-held camera) do not require a photography fee, but photographer and any subjects must pay regular admission. Additionally, if any of the subjects change attire, use the photography for professional use (such as a headshot, magazine submission, etc.) they must pay the photography fee.
- All sessions must be paid for the day of photo shoot. We cannot guarantee use of any areas of the gardens on a particular day. All sessions must be held during regular open hours. Arrangements may be made for after hour sessions. Additional fees will apply.
- Make sure to tag us on social media! #yewdellgardens
Regular Photography Session - $75
(Engagement, graduation, prom & family)
Bridal Photography Session - $300
(Fees do not apply for weddings held at Yew Dell)
Large Scale Sessions - $300
Photo & film sessions requiring large scale use of the grounds; details are available upon request.
Fee payment may be made in the form of: Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover