Position Title: Volunteer and Website Coordinator March 2021
Reports to: Public Relations and Marketing Manager
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Position Summary: The Volunteer and Website Coordinator works to communicate and promote the mission of Yew Dell Botanical Gardens to external and internal parties. Specifically, the Volunteer and Website Coordinator is charged with maximizing the productivity and efficiency of Yew Dell’s volunteer program, recruiting and growing our volunteer base, supporting Yew Dell’s events and programs, assisting the Public Relations and Marketing Manager with the management of our website and other electronic communications as needed.
- Recruit, schedule and track individual and group volunteers.
- Conduct volunteer orientations and facilitate the volunteer experience.
- Create and update volunteer related materials, such as orientation content, tour guide resource manuals, volunteer program outreach materials, etc.
- Maintain the volunteer database and produce volunteer activity reports.
- Organize annual volunteer celebration.
- In collaboration with the Public Relations and Marketing Manager, implement digital communications strategy including website management, event posting, and electronic communications, such as the volunteer e-newsletter, volunteer spotlights, and create content regarding the volunteer program as needed.
- Provide volunteer and logistical support for Yew Dell events.
- Develop, implement and grow new and existing volunteer programs.
- Provide office support including phone coverage, visitor questions, file management and mail processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in program coordination, volunteer management, and/or customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize multiple assignments and deliver on a timely basis.
- Ability to identify needs and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Excellent knowledge of computer, technology and digital media.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- A positive attitude with staff, volunteers and guests.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours and Yew Dell events as needed.
- Must have transportation to events, meetings and various functions as required.
To apply send your resume to:
Yew Dell Botanical Gardens
6220 Old LaGrange Road
Crestwood, KY 40014
Or email to: